The VMware vExpert advocacy program is open for applications again from the 1st of June until the 20th. If you have a passion for VMware products and go out of your way to help the community by going above and beyond your day job, you should absolutely apply to be a part of the program.
In their own words
“The VMware vExpert program is VMware’s global evangelism and advocacy program. The program is designed to put VMware’s marketing resources towards your advocacy efforts. Promotion of your articles, exposure at our global events, co-op advertising, traffic analysis, and early access to beta programs and VMware’s roadmap. The awards are for individuals, not companies, and last for one year. Employees of both customers and partners can receive the awards. In the application, we consider various community activities from the previous year as well as the current year’s (only for 2nd half applications) activities in determining who gets awards. We look to see that not only were you active but are still active in the path you chose to apply for.”
vExpert Apply – https://vexpert.vmware.com/apply
If you need a little help with your application, reach out to a vExpert PRO – https://vexpert.vmware.com/directory/pro
I’m going to run through a few of the benefits below:
Learning and License Keys
Every techy loves to learn and explore new technologies! In the vExpert program, you get access to all the VMware licences you could need to lab up their various products and get the opportunity to explore things you may not have touched before. For example, you might not get the opportunity to play around with vRealize Automation in your day job, well now you can!
On top of this, you also get lots of invites to vExpert only sessions with VMware and a variety of 3rd parties.
By attending some of the above sessions you get the opportunity to meet other professionals that are just as passionate as you. It’s a great way to meet some of the #vCommunity and you might even get to speak to a few of the bloggers you have read over the years.
You will also get invited to a vExpert Slack channel to talk about products, your latest blog or just to have a chat with other techies. It is another great way to get involved with the community and network.
Having a blog is by no means a pre-requisite for becoming a vExpert however if that’s your thing then the vExpert program gives you access to various sites to help promote your content and drive up traffic.
There are many other reasons to join which I will include below and I highly recommend you check out their website and apply!
Full list of benefits
- Invite to our private #Slack channel
- vExpert certificate signed by our CEO Pat Gelsinger.
- Private forums on communities.vmware.com.
- Permission to use the vExpert logo on cards, website, etc for one year
- Access to a private directory for networking, etc.
- Exclusive gifts from various VMware partners.
- Private webinars with VMware partners as well as NFRs.
- Access to private betas (subject to admission by beta teams).
- 365-day eval licenses for most products for home lab / cloud providers.
- Private pre-launch briefings via our blogger briefing pre-VMworld (subject to admission by product teams)
- Blogger early access program for vSphere and some other products.
- Featured in a public vExpert online directory.
- Access to vetted VMware & Virtualization content for your social channels.
- Yearly vExpert parties at both VMworld US and VMworld Europe events.
- Identification as a vExpert at both VMworld US and VMworld EU.
1,566 total views, 1 views today