During a recent project, I ran into an issue when setting my DR Plans in VMware Cloud DRaaS…
Some of my protection groups contain VMs that are part of different on-site clusters but to help reduce cost, our Recovery SDDC is configured as a single cluster. The issue occurs when you go to map your compute resources (Cluster or Resource Pool), as for each DR Plan, it requires a 1 to 1 mapping of protected site resource to recovery site resource. Obviously, this isn’t ideal but I found a workaround of creating a recovery site resource pool for each on-site cluster and using that for the mapping.
This has been reported back to VMware and they are currently working on fixing this bug so hopefully, this isn’t an issue for too much longer!
408 total views, 1 views today